Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hie, I've been kinda busy lately~ =.="
Ok, I guess I shouldn't lie, I'm just lazy to think of something to write =P
So,
Today's "black day" and if u are wondering what this day mean, let me explain to u, read on !

Koreans don't just celebrate valentine's day(14 feb) , they celebrate white day(14 mac) and black day(14 April) as well. On v-day girls are suppose to give chocolates or candies to the guys, w-day, for guys to return chocolates or candies to the girls, and b-day, for singles who didn't get any chocolates to gather together and eat a kind of black-sticky-mee (Jjajangmeon) *dumb*

Last year when I first knew about these days I was still so-in-love *smirk*smirk*. And I didn't even bother whether it is black day or whatever day.
This year, I wake up reeeeeally late, and got an sms from my friend, a very short sms (happy black day) and that made me write this post.

According to Wikipedia,
Black Day
(April) is an informal tradition for single people (a.k.a. Unit Solo, Korean: 솔로부대) to get together and eat noodles with black bean sauce in South Korea.

The idea is that those who didn't give or receive gifts on Valentine's Day or White Day can get together and eat Jjajangmyeon (짜장면), Korean noodles with black bean sauce (hence the name), to commiserate their singled.


Hmm, I guess now I'm gonna celebrate b-day instead of v-day and w-day. haha, lmao *scoffs*scoffs*

p/s: Anybody wanna join me?

4 comments:

  1. wah looks so yummy leh...
    i'll join you if i can get good food to celebrate me being me =)
    im performing (dancing+singing) tonight!!! hehehe...
    maybe u can see the dvd sometime laterrr...
    ciao..enjoy ur black day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..so i guess the sms was from me...:P let's celebrate black day together^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. syen,
    it taste good too, when are u coming over, then only i can eat with u ma... sing-gurl's ROCK!!
    i kinda suxed black day. Reeeeally "black" =.="
    this coming hols let me see u dance la..^^

    mp,
    celebratED black day, tonite was the worst noraebang session i had ever experience. *duh*duh*duh*!! =.=""""

    ReplyDelete
  4. the black mee... eeeww... looks like worms in mud... but it shud taste good right? RIGHT? *blink blink*..... heheh

    ReplyDelete