Am not being dramatic, am still shaking from my first ever challenge with the world out there.
You might be wondering what am I gibbering about again.
But me being me, the loser, have never really fight the world for something I want, or I rather put it this way, MY RIGHT.
Last semester, I've got a job teaching a 13 years old kid. SHIT my hands are still shaking on the keyboard. That gotta prove how cowardly I really am huh?.. Or maybe innocent, more like ignorant and stupid in reality.
k, back to topic. I tutored the kid since last semester, each week each session two hours, just conversation for 10. And I wanna boast that I taught her more than required and she got really close to me and had since then improved by leaps and bounds.
She was a quiet kid, knowing how to answer just, "yes, no, I don't know" whenever I asked questions. And till now, we could discuss her problems with her friends and even about girly stuff like make up, pimples to manicure.
Sweet...
The moment I got back from Malaysia. Her parents stopped her academy tuition and asked if I could teach her twice a week and they would pay me more. They didn't buy her any books and I printed work sheets and photocopy books for her.
Two days ago was pay day, the father sat me down and tell me that he would pay me 15.
Darn..... As if I can't do my maths. Double the time, he should at least pay me 20.
And 20 is considered super little for the amount of work I do.
At that point of time I was dumb enough to just say ok and not ask for more. Yeah, that's not innocent anymore, that's gullible.
And as if to convince me that he's paying me generously, he started asking me if I get good pointers last sem and if that I got the scholarship offered to top students in my college. ( He's a lab assistant in my college).
He even insulted me by asking me to stop fooling around and try study harder, and that I should be grateful that he's employing me instead of other so-called-top-students. -_-
Pighead!!!!!!
So, the story goes on with me complaining to each and everybody, and them urging me to ask him for more or just quit the job. But me being me, kept giving excuses that that little girl I'm teaching got closer to me etc etc excuses to stay in the job.
Darn it. Today I went to meet that lab assistant and told him to pay me more else Imma quit, cause I deserve it.
And there's so many other jobs with much better pay lining up for me. And he refused, me quit. I quit. I freakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkking quit the f*cking job!!!
And it felt good, it felt like WOW.
Okay, some of you might think that I'm really making overly big deal about this "me confronting that bastard" thing. But there's more, there's more about how he insulted me and the scorn on his face whenever he talks to me.... drives me up the wall!!!!!!
And today I lashed back, with my head high and my steps bouncy, I left the envelope on his desk and simply walked away!!!
COOL leh.......! (tho my hands are still shaking please say what I did was cool =P)
Tomorrow I've got an interview for another new job, paying me 3 time what he pays me.
I think I've grown up a little bit more than yesterday. ^^
So much for staying myself and working my way thru the world my way huh?..
hehe..i think u hv made the right choice~ and good luck in tmr's interview^^
ReplyDeletewow.. this is big.. u didnt tell me this.
ReplyDeleteno idea if u made the right choice or not.u tend to make this kinda decisions.. i would say that it would be great if that little girl still have u to teach her but i think her dad went wayy overboard.
maybe they have financial problems? or maybe he's just stingy..hope u get ur new job!! =)
as we fight our way through this world, try not to lose ourselves. if that's not the real you, find her back for me pls. ^^
p.s. the stop fooling around part, i kinda agree. hehe STUDY HARD!!!!!
<3
This is cool! =D
ReplyDeletei have never had chance to work,but i know it's not easy!
BUT BUT BUT!
do whatever u think is right,cuz i think u deserve a lil bit more respect from her dad =)
weyyyyyyyh,when u coming back???
another road trip? ^^
It's the real me fighting for something I need to fight for bah taysueyen. Even your library goyang kaki job's pay is wayyyy better than that what that Idiot WAS paying me.
ReplyDeleteTing, Gon b back on 30th Dec.
No prob for that, ask Fen to plan. akakakkaka!