I may not be the same, I may do things differently, think differently, I may have an ignorant strong believe in karma and I may seem really gullible to you.
I know I'm stubborn and I have out of ordinary habits, I do things spontaneously, I let my emotions get the better of me, and thus cause more problems for myself whilst caring too much.
Everyone have their moments when they doubt themselves. Maybe you do really have such a strong character you never doubted yourself for a fraction of a second but that is freaking You.
That certainly doesn't make you more superior or freaking better at handling life, and that doesn't give you the authority to judge me, to crush my confidence and faith.
If you can't stop judging me, then freaking back off and get on with your own life, your way.
I will change in time, to be a stronger person, a more self centered person, to be a faker person, to be a person who can survive the world the crooked way. I will, when the time comes.
It is just not right now. I'm not ready to be a person who insist upon something I want and turn a blind eye at others' feelings. I still want to care about the people around me. I still want to believe and focus on the good in everybody. I'm still the person who have my thoughts written all over my face. I'm still working on keeping my dreams big, although they're shrinking as I learn more about this world.
But believe me,
I'm still working, working on building the invisible barrier ah pek lua exasperatedly asked me to.
Working on being less gullible and more seng muk.
Working on the art of twisting sentences and telling half-truths.
I'm beginning to have trust issues with some people, I now know where to draw the line and how to lash back when someone pushes my limit.
And, I know when to back off when I sense the insincerity in a person.
All in all, I learned to care less.
But that is not the person I wanted to be when I started out in this world. Sometimes I do feel lost, as in whether I should follow suit and adopt a stronger character, I know I could if I want to.
But I never wanted to.
So stop it with all the judging stuff. I may face more obstacles on the way, but when I reach the final destination, I shall look back and tell myself, "I did everything MY way, and I along the journey, I did well." and I'm sure I'll be alright if sometimes people do take advantage of me.
Afterall, doing the haughty I'm-so-cool-and-gorgeous walk will never work out for me, deep down inside, I know I'm still the champion in climbing a cherry tree to very the top branch, and I guess I'm unique just that way. My way, not yours.
it's good to find back the faith on urself^^
ReplyDelete