I'm never one with high self confidence and sometimes if I do appear like I have that air of confidence, most of the time, I think, I'm just faking it.
Growing up, I always think of myself more of an ugly duckling than anything. I don't dress up, I don't give a damn about how I look because it is much easier staying in that comfort zone. It is like, what if I dressed up and it didn't work?
I would rather be simple jane that stick to the "norm", than be told "Hey, did your wardrobe just went wrong?"
It is just so much easier to be normal than the outstanding.
So, there comes this transition period when I started wearing skirts, I started to have at least 10% of fashion sense. And when I get positive feedback and words of encouragement, it sparked my fashion sense to a higher 20 30 %. Whatever..
However, there are times, when I get adventurous and decided to dress up by wearing something out of nowhere to break that "being normal sweet pretty" barrier. Sometimes, it works and I feel good about myself, but sometimes, when the feedback isn't good, sometimes, when what I get is downright mean. It is hurtful. It puts me right back to the ugly ducking period where I feel so small, doubting my choices, questioning my own senses, and I will have this urge to seek approval from the others.
Then again I ponder on it, and I have this new found theory. We do not make all the right choices all the time. At least I broke through that barrier, that comfort zone. To pluck up to courage to break through that comfort zone is much more glamorous than those who hide in there deep in their comfort zone making snide comments to bring me down.
So, I decided that no amount of mean hurtful words are gonna stop me enjoying being this wonderfully special me.
Ps: Again, if you have something not to nice to say, keep it to yourself, for my self-esteem's sake I prefer to be blissfully unaware of it.
hey totally understand what u mean..
ReplyDeletewords can be harsh sometimes but u;re bigger than that. dont let it affect u.
and hey, at least u found ur fashion sense! i'm still actively looking. lol
miss u girl